Li Sha enjoys working with children of varying needs and abilities. She started her career as an Autism Therapist at Eden School where she worked with students displaying challenging behaviours as well as their parents and teachers. She formulated and implemented individualised strategies to reduce the frequency of these behaviours, and thereafter coached teachers to implement the strategies independently. Li Sha also evaluated the use of Structured Teaching in classrooms, providing feedback to teachers on their performance and efficacy.
Li Sha strongly believes in the use of Structured Teaching in school and at home for individuals with special needs. She co-developed an instrument to measure Structured Teaching, which she subsequently used to complete her graduate thesis on the use of Structured Teaching in the early intervention sector in Singapore.
Following her graduation from the Master of Arts (Applied Psychology) programme, Li Sha went on to work with children with a wider range of learning and behavioural needs as well as varying cognitive profiles. Currently, she conducts group and individual interventions as well as carries out psychological assessments in both private and school settings.
- Registered Psychologist, Singapore Register of Psychologists (SPS) (Reg No. 1805001)
- Full Member of Singapore Psychological Society (MSPS)
- Completed training in Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS) Level 1
- Certificate in Autism, Autism Resource Centre (ARC)
- Master of Arts (Applied Psychology), NIE, NTU, Singapore
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons in Psychology & Second Major in Economics), NTU, Singapore