Rachel has more than 17 years of experience in the field of psychology and education, 4 of which was spent working as a Senior Psychologist in Prime Minister’s Office where she was involved in the selection of Administrative Officers and scholars for the Public Service Commission and government statutory boards. She also has a deep passion for working with children and subsequently trained as a primary school teacher in 2001. In 2004, she was awarded the MOE Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship. Upon completion of her training in London, she worked as an Educational Psychologist. Her last held position in MOE was Senior Specialist, Educational Psychology (Level 2).
Rachel spearheaded efforts to strengthen school support processes for students with Special Educational Needs and was actively involved in building the capacity of school personnel to provide quality support for students with SEN. In her 10 years with MOE, Rachel has designed and delivered training for School Leaders, Heads of Department, teachers and Allied Educators.
Rachel is passionate about professional supervision. She was twice awarded the Outstanding Mentor Award (2009 & 2011) in MOE. Rachel has been a practicum supervisor for Associate Psychologists and Educational Psychologists in MOE for the past 7 years and is also a British Psychological Society certified assessor for psychologists seeking to attain the Certificate of Competence in Educational Testing.
Rachel has extensive experience working with children with a wide range of learning and behavioural needs, including children with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Dyslexia and Language Impairment. She enjoys working closely with parents to forge strong parent-child bonding and establish good learning habits. She has a special interest in social and emotional regulation skills development and enjoys supporting individuals with high functioning Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Chartered Educational Psychologist, British Psychological Society (Reg No. 258522)
- Associate Fellow of British Psychological Society (AFBPsS)
- Registered Psychologist, Singapore Register of Psychologists (SPS) (Reg No. 1607005)
- Approved Supervisor, SPS
- Full Member of Singapore Psychological Society (MSPS)
- Practicum Supervisor for Master of Arts (Applied Psychology) with National Institute of Education (NIE)
- Adjunct Tutor for Education Officers & Allied Educators (Learning & Behavioural Support) with National Institute of Education (NIE)
- Certified Assessor for Certificate of Competence for Educational Testing (CCET), British Psychological Society
- Member of Register of Qualified Test User (RQTU Reg No. 258522), British Psychological Society
- Completed Co-Active Coaching Fundamentals & Relationship Agility, CTI US
- Completed Advanced Supervision Course, Singapore Psychological Society
- Completed Mindfulness Fundamentals, Mindful Schools US
- Completed Dynamic Assessment for Young Children, Professor David Tzuriel, Israel
- Trained Provider of the Secret Agent Society Program
- Master of Science in Educational Psychology, University College London, UK
- Certificate of Competence in Educational Testing (CCET), British Psychological Society
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (Primary), NTU, NIE, Singapore
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (Hons in Psychology), NUS, Singapore