Ning Xin is a firm believer in Early Intervention and Special Education. She is passionate about working with children with developmental and Special Educational Needs as well as their families.
Ning Xin’s expertise is in conducting behavioural and psychological interventions for children with varying developmental needs and disabilities. She began her career as an Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA) Therapist, providing direct intervention for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). This fulfilling experience crystallised her passion in the helping profession. Subsequently, Ning Xin joined AWWA as a Psychologist, providing intervention and psychological assessments for students in the Special Education (SPED) school. In addition, she has also provided community-based behavioural and social-emotional intervention for preschoolers under the Development Support and Learning Support (DS/LS) Program. During her time at AWWA, Ning Xin collaborated with professionals from different disciplines (e.g., Speech Therapists, Occupational Therapists), teachers as well as parents to maximize the potential of the children. She believes in building the capacity of parents/families to empower
them to support their child. Throughout her career, Ning Xin undertook many roles and responsibilities including providing behavioural and psychological interventions, administering psychological assessments, conducting parent training and teacher workshops, coaching junior
psychologists, and conducting research. Ning Xin is also an associate lecturer with
the Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS).
• Registered Psychologist, Singapore Register of Psychologists (SPS) (Reg No. 1901009)
• Full Member of Singapore Psychological Society (MSPS)
• Completed training in Mental Capacity Assessment for Persons with Special Needs
• Completed training in Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS) Level 1
• Completed Good Enough Parenting Professional Training (Facilitator Level)
• Completed Noah’s Ark Key Worker Online Course Abridged Version
• Completed Social Thinking Vocabulary & Treatment Frameworks Training (Module 1 and 2)
• Master of Arts (Applied Psychology), Winner of The Applied Psychology Award, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore
• Bachelor of Social Sciences (Honours) in Psychology, National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore