Lin’s passion in supporting the community started early in her career and she has devoted the last 15 years, contributing and growing in the helping profession. After several years working as a Senior Researcher, handling regional market research projects in the private setting, she began her career in the helping field, as Child Welfare Officer at the then Ministry of Community Development . She then joined the Ministry of Education (MOE) as a trained primary school teacher. Following the completion of her Masters of Arts specialising in Educational Psychology, she served as a Senior Specialist at the Psychological Services Branch of MOE providing support to primary and secondary schools as well as at the policy level. She provided training and consultation to parents and teachers. She also supported students providing psycho-educational assessments and intervention. She delved further to extend her support to younger children and families when she joined KK Hospital.
Lin has special interests in the area of mental wellness and health (e.g. anxiety, depression), early development as well as learning concerns. She enjoys looking into the topic of engagement. This includes school engagement and child-school-family engagement. Lin’s doctoral research was focused in the area of school engagement.
A valued member and team player, Lin has received several commendations for her role in various teams and programmes. She had previously led a team of professionals in implementing a nationwide programme for young children providing support in pre-schools. She is known to be a nurturing coach and mentor to new aspiring psychologists, educators and allied educators. She is currently providing consultancy to various organisations and supporting learning support educators, allied educators and early intervention teachers during their training practicum.
- Registered Psychologist, Singapore Register of Psychologists (SPS) (Reg No.5110082)
- Full Member of Singapore Psychological Society (MSPS)
- Full Member of Australian Psychological Society (MAPS)
- Member of the Clinical College, Australian Psychological Society (MCCLP)
- Approved Supervisor, SPS
- Practitioner of Reality Therapy, Choice Theory, Lead-Management
- Trained Facilitator of Signposts Parent Training Program
- Trained Provider of The Secret Agent Society Program
- Certified Training in Clinical Supervision
- Completed Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI)
- Doctor of Psychology (Clinical Psychology), James Cook University
- Master of Arts (Applied Psychology) Educational Psychology, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), National Institute of Education (NIE) Singapore
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (Primary), NTU, NIE, Singapore
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) & Bachelor of Commerce (Management), Monash University, Australia